The Pickup Game The Pickup Game

What did you test this on? A SG workstation?

OK. The game itself was good. Nice idea, and all that.

However, I have a very beefy PC - and your game managed to crash it, even with detail set to low. Why?

Because you didn't optimise your graphics. Looks like you brought the models in from Poser or Maya, or 3DS Max, or something, using the export as SWF feature, but dind't tweak them in Flash; OR you used static renders and used the 'trace bitmap' function. The game ran - and I'm not kidding here - at an abysmal 1 FRAME A SECOND.

This kinda thing really narks people - looks like a few other reviewers thought the same thing. It's a real shame, because this could get really good marks, and otherwise the execution is excellent.

Suggestions: either optimise the graphics in Flash, or just use actual-size bitmap sequences. The trade-off in file size will boost performance (and ratings) significantly.

You should make those changes, and resubmit this. You should be able to get front page if you can sort out the performance issues.

Dad 'n Me Dad 'n Me

I'm aghast.

I was working on something like this, but now I don't know if I'll ever finish it... I feel quite inadequate T_T

Outstanding stuff, guys. I only I could figure out how you did it...

Reventure Reventure

I like it, but...

Nice stuff. Plays a lot better than it looks, though. And the voiceover could benefit from higher quality acting (but it's not too bad as it is).

But is it just me who can't get past level 1? There's a wall in the way with a guy walking back and forth, and I can't get up on it...